Click Your Interest!

April 29, 2011

Perfect Little Powder Room

So, another fun little space to make pretty is a powder room... and my sister has a cute little cubby bathroom downstairs... but it does include a shower, so I guess it's more than a powder room.

So when they bought the house, the powder room was a light eggshell yellowish color. (Sorry, before pictures won't load)... so my sister picked her paint color and went with a mocha chocolatey color... it's very rich but very pretty.

So, for wall decor and things as such, we needed to go light to open the space and not make it feel clausto. Insert Home Goods. We scored greeeeat artwork that worked with our colors perfectly.



Looks good agains the chocolate, yes???
Trust me, it was a task to convice my brother-in-law that shoes were necessary for this space. Pretty much, my sister fell in love with them, and there was no convincing her otherwise. I consented because one girly space is ok with me.... and it's small and hidden away, so, hey, why not?

So then, we needed a vase to fill the corner and some filler for that vase that matched the artwork... and here's what we came up with (finally) by the end of the day:



The picture doesn't do it justice, but vase is a little mosaic and pinkish in color... and we added the one candle (which smelled so good I would have eaten it) on top of the toilet for effect....

And the finished product:


Cute tissue holder yes? Matches the shoe theme...



So, in the end, we got our dramatic transformation and had a little girly fun with it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment