Click Your Interest!

April 19, 2011

Fabulous Celebrity

Alright, I have to admit something. My sister rocks. Yes, rocks. And she's a 2nd grade teacher in SoCal. Her school is crazy and they make the teachers be super creative and it's part of their yearly eval... no pressure or anything. Open house is even crazier... they have to do way more than just meander about talking to parents... she had to make jello, yes, individual jello themed OCEAN. I don't ever remember my teachers making jello for open house... let alone do half the stuff she does every week. Props to you big sister. And even though she needed some help on her house decor, she really set up her classroom to be AmAzInG... yep, it's pretty fly like a G6.

One thing my sister loves, and I mean L.O.V.E.S. is animal print. That girl could make a zebra into a pet if you let her, but let's not encourage that :-)

So everyone knows that 2nd graders can be a handful... in fact, it might feel like a jungle at times, so I guess my sister took her love for wild animal prints and the junglistic (my own word, ok?) atmosphere and came up with her very own creation. I was so blown away when I walked in that I had to take pictures and dedicate this post to her! These pictures don't even do it justice, that's how amazing it was.

So this first one is her "Fabulous Celebrity" board. You know... like a star student, except being in SoCal, it's all about being a celebrity... pretty creative sister (Fist Bump coming your way).


 This next one is her "work space." Looks like more fun happens in here than work... but some of the notes on that board were TO.DIE.FOR. Example: "Dear Mrs. Marble- do you know what the world needs more of? Teachers like you!" Oh my. So PRESH!

And of course, the smart board and front of the classroom. Very cute.


The curriculum board for language... I wish my teacher had been this creative...

 Open house theme for 2011? OCEAN!!!! And WOWSA, check out the cute deco on that board! And the kids are gonna put on an ocean play, and they did an ocean research project and had FABTASTIC mobils hanging on the ceiling. (Ahem... overachievers...)

Their theme that comes from 1 Corinthians for the year:

So that's the preview! She is amazing, right? I know. I told you so. She makes me so proud. Love you sister: fist bumps and kisses coming your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment