Click Your Interest!

April 25, 2011

First Impressions

So I'm calling this series of blogs the 3 Day Makeover. I spent a weekend in California with my lovely Sister and Brother-In-Law and had a blast helping them update their new home with some fun decor. They hadn't had a chance to do anything yet, so there I was to help! I did some additions to the downstairs only and it was quite the whirlwind, but OH SO FUN!!! Enjoy the mini series :-)

So we all know that we judge books by their cover, even though we're told not to, and when we interview, we better impress in the first 30 seconds, etc, etc, etc. Well, one of the funnest parts of a house is the first thing you see when you enter... the entryway. Well, my sister has a wonderful entryway space, and we I just needed to figure out what to do with it.

So. Essential Elements? Entry table (Check), Lantern (Check), vase (Check), picture frames (Check), and baskets (Check).

Other side of the entryway? Mirror (Check), coat hangers (Check).

NOW. On to the fun part, putting it all together. The table was like 3 inches too long to fit on the side of the wall without a window, so we had to change course and put it under the windows... but that's ok, I can be flexible! And even better, we were able to find the perfect things for that other wall to complement it... :-)

Check these out:

Found this little guy at a home decor store... we got him for half off :-) Pure Iron... and when Sister gets more of the those coffee table type books that she'll never definitely read, she'll stack em up under it:

This was a fabulous find at Pier One! I love love love lanterns, and this is a Pottery Barn look a like for about a fraction of the price... and I had a coupon! EEEEK!

Then we added a framed wedding invitation to make the table more personal... and since it was shaped like a square, we found one of those fabulous glass backed frames at Target.... worked out great!


Now this guy.... well, we debated on this for a while... this is a Pottery Barn pot/vase thingy... and yes, it was about $90... but you know me, I won't spend that... especially since I found one just like this for my own house and I paid... ohhhhh, $4 for it :-).... so we bought it only because sister had a coupon, and Pottery Barn cash... and out of pocket, we paid only $22!!!! YEAAA!!!

The flowers inside... were about $20 a stem at Pottery Barn, but we just took ourselves right over to Michael's and got each stem for half off, making each one $1.99. Score.

Then, under the table was a blank empty space... and we wanted some baskets... but not any old baskets, we wanted baskets with character. Insert Michael's fabulous basket sale @ 40% off. We scored each of these guys for around $13.00 after the sale price... AND they fit perfectly, like they were made just for this space.


AND NOW.... the finished entryway table..... (well, besides the picture frame with the generic pictures in it... I only had so much time, ok?)


Stay tuned for the other side of the entryway...

No comments:

Post a Comment