Click Your Interest!

April 02, 2011

The Peaceful Corner

One of the main things I look at when I'm planning on creating a space in my house is what I will feel or think when I look at the decor... will I feel at home, will I feel at peace, will it make me imagine a far away place? Ahhh.... Hawaii with your beautiful beaches and sunsets, France with your cafes of love, Italy with your fountains, cobblestone, and gelato...

So when I saw this pretty little canvas, I knew exactly what I was going to do.... put it in my home. In a corner made just for you (yes, this artwork is now going to be referred to as "you"), so when I sit in my favorite overstuffed chair, with a fabulous novel and a steaming cup of coffee, I can look at you and imagine a peaceful, restful, romantic place that makes me smile.

...Now, what to do, what to do... hang it on a wall? Let it stand alone? NO WAY! This little guy needed to be paired with some sort of romantic table lamp, and greenery... neither of which I can hang on a wall.

Well, thank you Pottery Barn for turning me on to leaning pictures on tables, and thank you extra side table that fits no where else in my cozy living room except that one corner, you gave me the perfect elements to create my peaceful corner.

Paired with an inexpensive lamp from (GASP) Wal Mart (you wouldn't have known if I didn't tell you!) and a $4 (!!!) fake greenery piece from Ikea, and my wedding album, I now have a beautiful French inspired corner.
And when it's right next to the light and open bay window, it is an adorable complement to the greenery outside.
Ahhhh, now where is that novel and coffee?

No comments:

Post a Comment