Click Your Interest!

May 06, 2011

Jazzin Up the Kitchen

So, while my potatoes are baking (literally), I figured I would do a little blog on kitchen accessories. So, in my own kitchen, I have space above my cabinets until the ceiling... so I can add some items up there to spice up the area... but at my sister's house, she doesn't have that. The overhead space is enclosed with a wall :-( Sad Day!

But, alas, all hope is not lost!

But, before we get to that... let's talk clocks. Now, we all know that we are supposed to look at the clock to tell time... but who says they need to be ugly? In fact, I say, buy a clock that looks good as a piece of art :-) So that's what we did. Check out this beauty:


The color was perfect to add a splash of interest to the wall... The size was perfect... And it pulled together the living room into the kitchen just perfectly!

Now, onto the kitchen art stuff.

We decided that we would find some type of artwork that fits a kitchen to nail up on that area to make it less booooooring... and what would you know, we found the perfect item! AND it only cost $15 a piece (AND it's made of iron)- AND after we bought it, we found the exact same thing at a fancy furniture store for $105 a piece (AND that one was made of tin!) WHOOOOO, talk about a score!

Now, we did have one tinsy little problem... the artwork was apparently made to be hung vertically (a picture hanger on the back), but we obviously needed it to be hung horizontally, so my brother in law got a little fancy and rigged it so that nails would be hidden... and you can't even tell (love when that happens!)
So, enjoy the pictures and ignore the mess on the counters- pictures happened during the course of construction (that's my story and I'm stickin to it!)

The middle piece of artwork was a present that my sis had on hand... and to think she was gonna get rid of it!

We bought a third piece to go over the pantry... tied in quite nicely! Check out that light too... isn't that sooo saaaweeet?? It came with the house and works perfectly with their choice of decor. The bowl on the table will be another story... but it's nice in this picture too :-)

And now.... with the clock on the wall:
SOOO lovely right? I love it and it was the perfect touch to turn the blah upper space into a fun little art area.

No comments:

Post a Comment