Click Your Interest!

May 21, 2011

Clean and Concise Cubby Hole

Remember this lovely mess from this post?

Here's another flattering angle:


Yes, well, we definitely made it a priority to fix this baby up. This was almost just too much for me to handle, but I just rolled up my sleeves and decided we would find a solution.

We thought about this piece from Pottery Barn:

Gorgeous, right? Also, very expensive. And really, we only needed a temporary fix. My sister wants to eventually build out the space to be a built in cabinet area... so to spend $700 was just crazy! So on to our frugal solution.

Things we had to think about:
1. Measurements. This included making sure all those tv wires, the sub woofer, and all that media stuff could fit in the hole.
2. Color.
3. Price.
4. Something that was temporary, yet still cute and clean.

Insert: IKEA.
We purchased the 4 hole shelf for $40! Our challenge was then finding the right size basket for each hole. YAY Target! But they only had 2 in stock, so we had to wait until more came in or we could go to a different store... so this was the pic I could get before I had to skip town and come back to rainy WA :-).

I don't know 'bout you, but I think this before and after is a pretty good temporary solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment