Click Your Interest!

May 09, 2011

Chicken Chow Mein

So last night, I got a little hungry (as we all do), and I decided I would make some chicken chow mein for dinner. So, I asked the hubs if that sounded ok to him, and he said "sure." Terrible Answer, but he was busy doing his chores, so I can't really blame him for not sounding enthusiastic about it...:-) So I got to work.

He came in about 20 mins later, and said, "oh wow, I thought you were making it out of a bag... you're like going all fresh on me." As if I would do it any other way ;-).

So, while it was an experiment, it turned out really really good! So here I am to share:

Started out by cooking 2 chicken breasts, I ended up only using one...
So, while it was cooking, I did the rest:

First, saute half an onion chopped and about 2 big cloves of minced garlic in about a tbs of canola oil
Add fresh brocolli, half an orange bell pepper, a pinch of black pepper
Add a little soy sauce... let simmer for a while and stir it a few times

Cook some chow mein noodles (takes like 2 mins)... make sure you rinse them after cooking.

Add to the veggies, and add more soy sauce, oil, and I added some sweet and sour sauce.

Keep it cooking until the chicken is done. Cut up the chicken and add to the chow mein and let simmer for about ten minutes.

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment