Click Your Interest!

May 30, 2011

Final Touches on a Wall

So, after a crazy, busy, fun filled house decor shopping weekend, we put everything up on the walls and where they needed to be (mostly thanks to my B-I-L's man power).

It was so much fun to turn the downstairs into a space both of them will enjoy for a while - until we decide to change it up a little... ;-)

There was one last BIG thing we needed to fix. THIS is how they bought the house:

Yes, this hideous artwork was on the wall in the living room, which is also the main wall from the kitchen. Yep, all who walked through were shocked. BUT, this was NOT the shock factor we wanted. So, thankfully, my sis had it painted before I got there.

Here's the slate I had to work with:

WOOO! So much better, and yet so plain. So, my thoughts were:

1. Curtains (but they had to go with the other curtains by the table somewhat, because you can see them both.
2. Artwork/ mirror for the wall?

And after much deliberation with the mirror thing, we found the right one- for a good deal at The Great Indoors. We had also found these great zebra things at Home Goods, but we had purchased those the day before with no idea where they would go. It's amazing how things just work themselves out!

So, here is the after:

The chairs are extra from the dining room table, and are temporary until another couch goes where they are.

As you can see, we chose a sheer curtain to just accent the window. We didn't want more color, and it needed to coordinate with the other room. It was quite the transformation, and we loved it! A little retro chic added into the traditional style.

That was the end of my 3-day makeover with my sister's downstairs. So fun, and can't wait to start the 2nd floor!

1 comment:

  1. You are so talented! You have inspired me. I love your blog and hope I can make my blog look even half as good!

    ReplyDelete